You can now book your test online in three easy steps and take your IELTS test in the Maldives.
How to book a test:
Step 1: Click on the relevant registration link given in the grid below. You can choose to take an Academic or General Training test, whichever suits your requirement.
Step 2: Select a convenient test date, add, and review your personal details.
Step 3: Pay the test fee online to confirm your test booking.
Find IELTS test dates
|Tests we offer||Test fee||Available test dates|
|IELTS on paper – in centre (Academic and General Training)||MVR 3,750||Find a test date|
|IELTS on Computer – in centre (Academic and General Training)||MVR 3,500||Find a test date|
1.Identity documents - Make sure you have a valid passport at hand when you book your test. Your passport should be valid while booking and taking all components of the test (writing and speaking). You will be required to present it on test day. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age must supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
2.Test format and question types - Read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information related to the test including test tips. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test-takers under the age of 16.
3. Online payment - conveniently pay your test fee online and confirm your booking.
4. Bank deposit - deposit the test fee at HSBC by filling a bank slip as per the below bank details and email the slip to email@example.com
|Branch||Boduthakurufaanu Magu, MTCC Tower, 1st Floor, Male, Republic of Maldives|
|Account name||British Council|
|Account Name||British Council|
5. Prepare for your test – You will receive free access to Road to IELTS online preparation course which can be accessed by logging in to your test taker portal from the test confirmation email which you will receive as soon as you complete payment. In addition to this, you will receive an email with access links to online seminars, workshops and a practice book within a week of confirming your booking.
6. Correct contact details - after you have confirmed your booking, you will receive a confirmation email giving you the start time of your test and the venue address. Please make sure the email address and contact number you enter while booking your test are correct so you could receive timely updates and useful information related to your test.
7. Safe test venue - your test will be held at Villa College, QI Campus, Rah Dhebai Higun. We have taken extra measures, so you could take your test in a safe and comfortable environment.
8. Test date transfer/cancellation - in case, you want to change your test date or cancel your test booking, please refer to our refund policy, fill in the transfer/refund application form available in the 'Downloads' section of this page and submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note an administration fee of MVR 875 will be charged for cancellation.
Fee in MVR
Additional Test Report Form (ATRF) – Courier
ATRF – STED RO
Enquiry on Results
Replacement of a lost Test Report Form (TRF)
Despatch of test report form (TRF)
Transfer and refund
Transferring your test date
* Deadline for Submission – No Later than 5 Days from LRW Exams (Listening/Reading/Writing)
E.g. LRW Test Date – 10 Jul. / Deadline – 15 Jul.
* Admin Fee – MVR 875.00 (Non-Refundable & Subject to change)
Note: If Exam Fee has been increased since your registration and/or requesting for Mode Change (IELTS on Computer to IELTS on Paper), fee difference would need to be paid.
* How to Pay – Using "Online Bank Transfer" to our account.
Note: We accept ONLY Online Bank/Payment Transfers or Over the Counter Payments at Banks. EasyPay/ATM/CDM Machine Payments NOT Accepted.
Branch: Boduthakurufaanu Magu, MTCC Tower, 1st Floor, Male, Republic of Maldives
Account Name: British Council
Account Number: 200-013977-001
Swift Code: HSBCMVMV
Narration: Maldives IELTS Transfer - Passport Number
* Required Documents – Copy of Passport & Online Bank Transfer Slip
How to Apply
Step 1 – Make the Payment.
Step 2 – Email the “Required Documents” to LKemail@example.com before the deadline with the subject line "Maldives IELTS Transfer - Passport Number".
Note the “Reference Number” received in the automated reply.
Step 3 – Fill this “Online Form” before the deadline.
We will update you within 5 days of submission.
Please ensure the above steps are duly followed and the form is accurately filled. Late, Incomplete and/or Inaccurate responses will be rejected.
- British Council reserves the right to seek "Supporting Documentary Evidence" to process your request, where applicable.
- New Test Date should be at least 10 Days after Form Submission and within 3 Months of Original Test Date.
- Test Dates are subjected to availability and will only be confirmed upon receipt of the duly completed form, passport copy and payment. If any of your selection is unavailable, we will be in touch to discuss the next available options.
- If you have completed at least one component of the registered test, no refunds will be given. However, you may apply for a test date transfer following the steps given above. We would check and update you on the possibility and options.
- We will only consider the first response. Hence, do not submit this form multiple times.
- Acceptance or Rejection will be at the sole discretion of British Council and/or Exam Board. We will notify you within 5 days from submission.
- Candidates are allowed ONLY up to 3 Transfers per Booking.
- Any payment made to the British Council that cannot be traced to the customer, who transferred the amount, within 30 working days will not be refunded.
To obtain any of the above services except Test Date Transfers, please fill the relevant application form available under the "Downloads" section of this page and submit along with required documents and payment proof (where applicable) to LKfirstname.lastname@example.org
We will be adding more information related to booking and taking your test in the coming days.
If you require more information or assistance, you can contact one of our registration centres in the Maldives on the contact number/email given below:
|Name of Institute||Villa College||Islanders Institute of Allied Sciences|
|Address||QI Campus, Rahdhebai Higun, Male' , Maldives||Billabong High EPS International School, Ameenee Magu, K.Male.|
|Contact person||Ms. Zareeha Moosa, Assistant Manager , examination||Najla Zakariyya|
|Contact number||00 960 3303243||00 960 7891958 / 00 960 9889950|
09:00 a.m. to 04:00 p.m. (Sunday - Thursday)
|08:00 a.m. to 02.00 p.m. (Sunday - Thursday)|