The British Council's verification service is provided to individuals who are UK educational qualification holders.
We verify all education, training, and professional awards, including certificates, degrees, and diplomas, at all levels issued by any accredited UK institution or organisation.
Verification is a confirmation that a photocopy (Black and white) is a true copy of an original document.
The British Council reserves the right to reject certification of any document if the programme or institution is not recognised by the UK education board, if the document is found to be too old, altered, or defaced in any way or if there is any question regarding the originality of the document
We do not stamp:
- ID cards
- birth certificates
- marriage certificates
- membership certificates
- IELTS Certificates
- other documents required by an educational institution or employer.
To have your documents verified:
1. Fill in the request form with clear and accurate details here
- For multiple qualifications/certificates, fill in separate individual forms
2. Visit our office in Colombo along with the following;
- Original document (certificate/transcript)
- Confirmation from awarding body/institute (obtained within 6 months)
- Authorisation letter (if not certificate holder)*
- Copy of identification document
Submission and Collection
- Same day service will not be available
- The processing period will be 14 days from the date of submission
Please also note the following
- Only one customer will be allowed access per inquiry.
- Only Credit Card (VISA/Master/AMEX) Payments will be accepted.
- Rs 3000 will be charged per verified copy.
Note: Verification Services only available in Colombo.