Closure Notice – We are closed as follows due to Christmas and New Year.
- Contact Centre – 25, 27 & 28 Dec 2023 and 1 Jan 2024.
- Customer Services Colombo – 25, 27 & 28 Dec 2023 and 1 Jan 2024.
- Customer Services Kandy – 26 Dec 2023.
- Customer Services Jaffna – 27 Dec 2023.
- Library Colombo – 27 & 28 Dec Dec 2023.
- Library Kandy – 26 Dec 2023.
- Library Jaffna – 24, 27 & 28 Dec 2023.
- Teaching Centre Colombo – 24, 25, 27, 28 & 31 Dec and 1 Jan 2024.
- Teaching Centre Kandy & Jaffna – From 24 Dec 2023 to 1 Jan 2024.
- Verification Services (Submission & Collection) – From 24 Dec 2023 to 1 Jan 2024.
+94 (0)11 7521 521
Operational Hours – Mon to Sat (09.00-17.00)
Customer Services, Library and Verification Services
Operational Hours given below:
Make a complaint, provide feedback or show appreciation.
Our Customer Service team provides information and guidance about the British Council and its programmes and activities. We hope to make your experience of dealing with the British Council an excellent one and we welcome your comments, suggestions and details of satisfaction or dissatisfaction. This could be about the service you have experienced when contacting us, or when using any of our products or services. We would also like to hear from you if a particular member of staff has provided exceptional service.
How to make a comment or complaint
If you have a comment or complaint we encourage you to talk to us, to help us to learn from our mistakes and improve our services.
- By calling us on +94 (0)11 7521 521 (Monday - Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Online using our web form
- By emailing us at email@example.com (Subject line: Complaint/Feedback/Appreciation)
Make a complaint
What we will do
All customers are dealt with seriously and impartially and are responded to promptly, regardless of the subject matter, medium or the country in which the enquiry has been made. We will draw upon information received from your comments and complaints in order to improve our products and services.
We aim to respond to enquiries within three working days. We aim to provide feedback on your comment or resolve your complaint within ten working days.
We will keep you updated on progress throughout the process.