Please note: This is the policy for IELTS (Academic and General Training), you can find the UKVI cancellations and transfers policy here. If you are looking to transfer or cancel a test in the Maldives, you can find the cancellations and transfer policy for Maldives here.
Cancelling your IELTS test
|When to request for cancellation||Administration fee||Processing time||How to apply|
|Up to five weeks before the test date||
LKR 5,500 deducted from the test fee
|30 days||Through the Test Taker Portal|
|Up to five weeks before the test date (only allowed under special circumstances)|
Special circumstances under which you can apply for a refund:
- serious illness or medical incident (such as hospital admission or a major injury)
- bereavement - loss of a close family member
- hardship or trauma (such as being a victim of crime or involved in a traffic accident)
- military service
Important information to know before submitting your cancellation request:
- Cancellation after the test date - If a medical certificate confirming illness on the date of the test is provided within five working days of the test date, together with the submitted cancellation request on the Test Taker Portal, the fee is refundable.
- Only medical certificates in English are accepted. If we have not received your submitted cancellation request along with an upload of supporting documentation/evidence on the Test Taker Portal by the fifth working day after the test, you will be marked as absent and forfeit all claims.
- Please note that we do not accept sick notes issued by family members.
- Please read our IELTS refund and transfer policy available in the ‘Downloads’ section of this page before submitting your cancellation request.
- Requests submitted through telephone, email or over the counter are not accepted.
- Late or incomplete requests will not be accepted.
- Refund/cancellation requests are subject to approval. You will receive a confirmation of the acceptance/rejection of your request within a week of submitting your request.
How to cancel your test:
Step 1 – Log in to the Test Taker Portal
Step 2 – View your test booking under upcoming tests
Step 3 – Request for cancellation
Step 4 – Submit accurate information and upload the required supporting documentation/evidence
Step 5 – Add your bank details if you had paid offline and submit your cancellation request
For a detailed step-by-step guide, please refer to the Easy step guide available in the ‘Downloads’ section of this page.
Requesting a test day transfer
If you need to change the date of your test from the date you originally booked, you can request a test day transfer. This needs to be done up to five weeks before the test date and would require an administration fee of LKR 5,500.
Please note that the new test date must be within three months of the original date. In cases of illness, a transfer is possible within five weeks of the test if an original medical certificate is provided within five working days of the test date, together with the Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form.
Before submitting your application please refer the IELTS Refund/ Transfer policy, which is available in the 'Downloads' section for further information.