IELTS General Training – prove you have practical, everyday English language skillsIELTS General Training measures English language proficiency in a practical, everyday context. The tasks and tests reflect both workplace and social situations.
Take this test if you would like to:
- train or study at below degree level
- work or undertake work related training in an English speaking country
- emigrate to an English speaking country
- get a better job in your own country.
If you need a visa for working or studying in the UK, then in some cases you may need to take IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration or IELTS Life Skills.
Fee for the IELTS General Training test on paper: LKR 65,000
Fee for the IELTS General Training test on computer: LKR 60,000
What does the fee include? Our IELTS test fee includes exclusive access to:
- our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- a downloadable practice book
- Top Tips seminar and a Writing skills workshop
Duration: 2 hours and 45 minutesFormat: There are four sections to the test: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. When you book your IELTS test with the British Council, the test will take place in an official British Council IELTS test centre.
Your Speaking test may be offered on the same day as the other sections of the test, or up to a week before or after. You will receive notification in advance if your Speaking test is on a different day to your written test day.