Follow these steps to complete your Cambridge exam registration.
Step 1: Register for Cambridge English Examinations
Select your preferred exam, location and date below. Enter your personal data to register for your chosen exam.
- Exams will not appear here after the registration deadline has passed or if tests are already full. Find the complete list if all upcoming exam dates and registration periods.
- The application must be completed with your full details in the order you wish them to appear on your certificate. All candidates applying for Cambridge English examinations require a valid proof of Identity (National ID, valid postal ID, valid passport), except for YLE exam candidates
- Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) - application and the information sheet can be downloaded below.
Step 2: Pay for your exam
Payment for the examination of fees can be made:
- online at the time of registration.
- at the British Council Colombo or Kandy office in Sri Lankan rupees. The payments can be made in cash, credit card (Visa, Master, Amex Card), bank draft (drawn in favour of 'British Council') or bank transfer.
If you wish to select the bank transfer option the details are as follows:
Bank name: HSBC
Account name: British Council Sri Lanka
Account number: 001-002377-002
Message: MS- (your full name) & Name of examination and test date
Please produce the receipt which should include your name, exam name and exam date. Also ensure that you retain a copy of the receipt as evidence of payment.
For candidates taking the exam in the Maldives - Please pay your exam fees in Maldivian Rufia at the British Council office in Malé.
Step 3: Sign consent forms, organise special arrangements and prepare for your test day
In accordance with Cambridge English Language Assessment regulations, candidates registering for Cambridge English: First (FCE), Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE), Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE) and Cambridge English: Business (BEC) examinations will be required to have a photograph taken on the day of either the speaking test or the written test. Test day photography is compulsory for all candidates.
If candidates are under 18 years of age, their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) will need to give their consent for the test day photography procedure. All candidates, or a parent/legal guardian, must sign the adult candidate (18 and above) or the young learner candidate (17 and under) test day photo registration and consent form.
Special arrangements can be provided for Cambridge English paper-based exams only. Find out more about how we can facilitate your special arrangements. Please note, you will need to provide a medical certificate issued within the last two years (the documents should be in English) when registering for the exam.
Step 4: Registration complete
Once you have completed all the registration steps, you will receive your students' Statement of Entry forms and information about examination venues approximately two weeks before the exam.