Terms and conditions in this policy apply for all British Council registered Cambridge English exam candidates. Please check the following details and instructions before you apply for a refund.
You can apply for a refund if you:
- have medical / health concerns
Note: If a candidate has taken at least one component of the test, they are not eligible for refunds.
When to apply:
- Within 7 Days after the writing exam date (E.g., Exam – 10 May; Deadline – 17 May)
Note: Late requests will not be accepted.
- An admin fee of LKR 5,000 will be deducted (Per Module in TKT and subject to change without prior notice).
1. Copy of Confirmation of Entry (COE)
2. Medical Certificate with Doctor’s Stamp covering the registered exam date
How to Apply:
Step 1 – Email the "Required Documents" to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline with subject line "Cambridge English Refund Supporting Documents"
Note the “Reference Number” received in the automated reply.
Step 2 – Complete “Online Form” before the deadline.
We will share the "Refund Reference Number" within 7 days of submission.
Processing Time – Approximately 8 Weeks.
- Approval of all refund requests are at the discretion of the Exam board. British Council is unable to confirm it at the time of acceptance.
- We aim to process all approved refund requests within this timeline but due to unavoidable circumstances it may take longer than usual.
- If approved,
- Offline Payments – Refund will be processed and transferred to the given account.
- Online Payments – Refund will be credited to the Credit/Debit card used to pay for the exam.
Test Date / Centre Transfers – Not Available.
Test registration is valid for one Cambridge English Exam session only. Candidate will not be able to transfer the Test Registration to another Cambridge English Exam session or another type of exam. Test registrations are also personal and cannot be transferred to other individuals.
Cancellations and disruptions:
- If the exams are cancelled due to reasons beyond the control of the British Council, you will be offered a solution in line with exam board guidelines.
- British Council cannot accept any responsibility for service interruptions caused by factors which are outside of our control. In these cases, British Council will do everything possible to offer the candidate a Cambridge English Exam session at a later date. British Council may offer a refund in these circumstances at its sole discretion.
- British Council also reserves the right to cancel any Cambridge English Exam if a minimum number of five (5) candidates is not reached by the end of the relevant registration period. In such cases, candidate(s) will be informed a month ahead of the exam date and receive a full refund.
A copy of this policy can be obtained from the 'Downloads' section of this page.
British Council reserves the right to change/update the terms and conditions in this policy as and when required without prior notice.