1. This policy applies to all candidates whether individually registered or through an organisation.
2. Transfers are not allowed for Cambridge English Examinations.
3. If a candidate gives written notice of withdrawal before the final registration date of the exam, as published by the British Council, a full refund of the local fee will be given, less an administrative fee of Rs 1,500.
4. Any cases where notice is given after the final registration date of the exam and less than one week (7 days) before the exam; the fee will be forfeited in its entirety. An exception to this rule is a withdrawal on medical grounds. Candidates who are able to produce a medical certificate within seven (7) working days of the written test will receive a refund less Rs.3000 administrative fee. The following documents should be submitted in order to process a refund.
- A completed local refund claim form
- A medical certificate from a recognised western medical practitioner or a hospital
- Confirmation of Entry
- A receipt issued by the British Council for the examination fees paid
- If payment is made via a direct bank transfer, the payment receipt has to be produced. This is applicable only for TKT registrations
Please note that photocopies of the above documentation will not be accepted.
5. The administration fee for refund applications submitted for Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) examinations will be charged per module.
6. The test registration is valid for one Cambridge English Exam session only. The candidate will not be able to transfer the test registration to another Cambridge English Exam session, another type of exam or to other individuals.
7. The British Council cannot accept any responsibility for service interruptions caused by factors which are outside of our control. In these cases the British Council will do everything possible to offer the candidate a Cambridge English Exam session at a later date. The British Council may offer a refund in these circumstances at its sole discretion.
8. The British Council also reserves the right to cancel any Cambridge English Exam if a minimum number of five (5) candidates is not reached by the end of the relevant registration period. In this case, the candidate will receive a full refund of fees paid.
9. The new refund policy will be effective for examinations scheduled from 1 August 2015 onwards.