The Kandy library boasts a collection of nearly 15,000 items comprising books, magazines and DVDs. We cater to nearly 4,000 library members.
The library has three main sections: the Young Learners Centre, the English Learning Zone and the lending section. Our collection of periodicals and the internet browsing facility also attracts many members.
We have a Drama Club and an Art Club, and conduct many events and activities throughout the year to mark special occasions. We partner with external organisations to enhance the quality of the events and activities we offer.
We also provide free membership to our students and exam candidates with the aim of supporting their learning journey.
Access our library collection
You can login to our library collection online using your unique username and password provided. Here you can:
- search, reserve and renew your books online
- view the library material you have borrowed and find out about new book releases
- check real-time availability of books and other material online
Our English Learning Zones and Young Learners Centre
Our Kandy library offers two areas specifically designed to cater to your information and learning needs:
- Our English Learning Zone (ELZ) hosts English language teaching resources, a reference section and resources to help you prepare for exams such as IELTS and Cambridge English. The English Learning Zone comprises of a listening and studying area where members can practice their English learning skills. In addition to the vast collection of books and CDs, the English Learning Zone also conducts workshops to help you improve your speaking skills, events and activities for library members and non-members.
- Our Young Learner Centre (YLC) provides computer access for children learning English and a collection of over 5,000 children's books. We host a variety of workshops, including reading programmes and interactive story-telling sessions to help children start reading at an early age while developing a life-long love for books.
Children under the age of 11 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at ALL times.