We offer lots of different membership types to suit your learning and information needs.
Become a member and get access to top quality online resources including journals, books, films, magazines and get free internet access from any of the library computers. You will also be able to access more than 50,000 books and be able to join events, talks, activities and workshops in person.
It's easy to become a member...
- Choose the library convenient to you. Colombo, Orion City (Colombo 09), Kandy or Jaffna.
- Choose a membership that is right for you available at that centre.
- Have your proof of identification ready. (National Identity Card or a valid Passport*)
- Complete a membership application form online.
- Visit your library and make the payment in person by producing your proof of identification.
Are you currently following an English class at British Council?
You are entitled for a 10% discount on any membership except IELTS and Organisational memberships.
Children under the age of 12 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times.
*if you are a non-resident, you must hold a valid visa (student, work or residence) to obtain a membership.
You can contact our customer service agents on 0117521521 to learn more.