Pearson Edexcel school examinations will be held as planned, with additional health and safety measures. Registrations for January 2023 series is now open.
Exam registration for private candidates (Pearson Edexcel)
Step 1: Complete your registration form
Pearson Edexcel International Examinations
Complete the online registration by referring the Unit, option and cash-in codes and availability list given in the Registration Information Sheet and submitting it through the Online Registration Link. For further details, please refer to the Registration Information Sheet.
The Registration Information Manual can be downloaded from the downloads section on the bottom of this page.
|Qualification - the type of entry||Start||End|
|IGCSE and IAL Normal Registration Period||04 October 2022||14 October 2022|
|IGCSE and IAL Stage 1 Late Penalty Registration Period||15 October 2022||10 November 2022|
|IGCSE and IAL Stage 2 Late Penalty Registration Period||11 November 2022||
20 November 2022
Do I need to make any special arrangements?
Step 2: Submit your application form and pay
- Payments need to be made online by Visa/ Master card during your online registration process.
- Due to the current onlin payment transaction restrictions we advise you to check with your bank If the transaction amount can be authorized prior to attempting to make the payment.
- In the instance your online payment fails, you will need to make a bank transfer. Please visit https://www.britishcouncil.lk/exam/school-exams for bank details.
- You must quote your registration reference number and name in all available reference fields when making this payment. Once you have completed the payment, kindly email the “Confirmation/Screenshot of Bank Transfer” to LKfirstname.lastname@example.org before the respective deadline using “Reg reference number-EDEXEL Qualification Jan23” as the subject line. Please note that if we do not receive the email by the respective deadline, you will be subjected to the late penalty fee.
Once you have completed making your payment online, please email the following to email@example.com within 2 calendar days from the date of registration.
- Payment reference mentioning “Reg reference number-EDEXEL Qualification Jan 23”, your name and registration reference number in the subject line.
- Previous result sheets/statement of entries if you are applying for cash-in/s.
Statement of entry
Once you have completed step one and two,
- Your statement of entry for IAL and IGCSE should reach you by 30 November 2022. If it does not reach you by this date, please contact British Council using the information given on the contact details section.
If there is an error in your name or date of birth on the statement of entry in comparison to your identification document, please inform us as soon as you receive the statement of entry to avoid ID verification issues on the exam date.
Need to amend your entry?
You can make amendments to the entry you have made. Please note that amendments are subject to an additional payment as specified in the registration information sheet.
Pearson Edexcel IAL and IGCSE Refund Procedure
Stage 1 Deadline
Stage 2 Deadline (Medical Refunds)
Pearson Edexcel IAL & IGCSE
15 October 2022
Within five working days after the first missed test date
(Please refer to the British Council website for the British Council approved refund policy)
NOTE: We thoroughly advise you to read the refund policy (section 4) before completing your registration.