Registrations for October/Novermber 2021 exam series will be open from 25 June 2021 to 09 August 2021. All exams will be held as planned under strict health and safety measures and we will stay in touch with our registered candidates via email/SMS if there are any new updates.
Exam registration for private candidates (Cambridge Assessment International Education)
Step 1: Complete your registration form
When to register
Cambridge Assessment International Education Examinations - Oct/Nov 2021
Complete the online registration by referring the specific subject code list given below in the documents section and submitting it through the "Online Registration Link".
|Normal registration period||25 June 2021 to 09 August 2021|
|Re-take Entries from June 2021 series||18 August 2021 to 16 September 2021|
|Late penalty registration period||
10 August to 16 September
For further information on registrations, please access the easy step guide available in the downloads section.
Step 2: Submit your application form and pay
- Payments need to be made online by Visa/ Master card during your online registration process.
- In the instance your online payment fails, please send an email to LKfirstname.lastname@example.org for advice on an alternate payment method. Please include your candidate details.
Once you have completed making your payment online, please email the following to email@example.com within 2 calendar days from the date of registration.
- Payment reference mentioning “Cambridge Exams October/November 2021”, your name and registration reference number in the subject line.
- Previous results sheets/statement of entries if you are carrying forward the results from previous sessions.
Step 3: Receive your Statement of Entry form
Once you have completed Step 1 and Step 2, your timetable and the statement of entry (other than late entries) should reach you by 28 September 2021. If they do not reach you by this date, please contact British Council to obtain a duplicate Statement of Entry.
Need to amend your entry?
You can make amendments to the entry you have made. Please note that amendments are subject to an additional payment as specified in the information sheet.
Step 4: Refund Procedure
Cambridge Refund Procedure
Stage 1 deadline
Stage 2 deadline
|First time entries||
09 August 2021
From 01 October to 18 November 2021
16 September 2021
From 01 October to 18 November 2021
Partial refunds will not be processed (registered subject needs to be withdrawn – not individual papers - components)
In addition, the following fees will not be refunded
- Late fees
- Practical fee included in the subject fee for Science subjects and ICT subjects,
- ICT, AICT, Information Technology: LKR 1300 (per practical component)
- Chemistry, Physics and Biology: LKR 3000.00
For details, please refer to “School Exams Policy” published on our website. Approved list of hospitals to get medical certificates can be found on our website.
Important ‘Covid-19 exemption’ information for Private Candidates sitting Cambridge Oct/Nov exams
Cambridge has announced that private candidates can apply to not sit some components in the Oct/Nov 2021 exam series if your learning has been disrupted by Covid-19.
These applications are called ‘Covid-19 exemptions’ and the eligible components include practical examinations for science and ICT subjects, and some speaking and listening tests for language subjects. Not all subjects available in Oct/Nov 2021 have components which are eligible for Covid-19 exemptions.
The full list of eligible subjects and components can be found here.
You can apply for a Covid-19 exemption if your learning was disrupted because the component required:
- access to facilities and equipment that has not been possible due to Covid-19 disruption, e.g. instruments, laboratories, studios, audio visual equipment, sports facilities, specific software, specialist material.
- working with others, e.g. in pairs, groups or teams, which have not been possible due to Covid-19 disruption.
You will not be required to submit any evidence to The British Council or Cambridge to prove your learning has been disrupted by Covid-19.
- Please make your entries for the Oct/Nov 2021 exam series as normal with The British Council.
- You can tell us which components you’d like to be exempted from sitting by submitting Covid-19 exemption Application form found in the downloads section of this page.
If Cambridge approves your application, then it is important that you must sit the remaining components in the subject. If you’re absent for the other components then Cambridge cannot award you a grade.
Understanding and accepting the risks of applying for Covid-19 exemptions:
Therefore, there are risks with Covid-19 exemptions which you must understand before you apply:
- If you underperform in the components you sit, then you may receive a lower overall grade than if you took all the components.
- If you’re absent from sitting a remaining component (e.g. you’re ill, you need to self-isolate, or there’s a lockdown on the day of the exam) there may not be sufficient evidence for Cambridge to award a final grade. You would therefore receive ‘NO RESULT’ for this subject.
Applying for a Covid-19 exemption
- You can only apply for an exemption for the syllabuses and components appearing on this list.
- You must make your entries as normal first.
We will provide more information soon.