Events and Administration Officer
The purpose of this job is to support travel and events team on a daily basis and ensure that compliance with British Council (BC) policies and procedures are maintained at all times. The chosen candidate will also have to assist the Finance and Resources team with various administrative tasks as outlined in the role profile.
We are looking for energetic team players with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
|Salary||A minimum starting salary of Rs. 38,820/- per month|
|Closing date||Sunday 13 July 2014|
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Raising purchase orders for international and local travel (for all British Council staff and official visitors), events (regional and local) and accommodation and follow up until payments are processed.
- Ensure all vendor payments are prepared and processed on a timely basis as per financial control and compliance procedures.
- Assist in preparing and processing Resources related vendor payments (including HR and Facilities) on a timely basis as per financial control and compliance procedures.
- Monitoring payments made under temporary WBS and preparation of journal transfers in order to clear the temporary WBS.
- Assist in organizing both external and internal events including regional meetings and conferences.
- Working on relevant documentation such as joining instructions, visa letters, invitation letters, workshop / conference material, invitations, etc.
- Co-coordinating all vendor creations, amendments and deletions for British Council Sri Lanka.
- Responsible for Invoice scanning and cheque dispatching of the Finance unit as per set guidelines
- Responsible for maintaining filing and following up on travel envelopes of the Finance unit as per set guidelines
- Acting for Assistant Manager Travel Services during absence
- G.C.E. A/L or equivalent qualification (essential)
Basic/part qualification in accountancy (desirable)
British Council Behaviours needed: (Refer to the British Council Behaviours document)
- Making it happen (level - essential)
- Working together (level - essential)
- Being accountable (level - essential)
Generic skills needed: (Refer to the Generic Skills document)
- Computing Skills (level 2)
- Communication Skills (level 1)
- Marketing and Customer Service (level 1)
How to apply
Application form and descriptions of the British Council behaviours and the skills needed for the above post can be downloaded from the documents section below. The completed application form should be e-mailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday 13 July 2014. Please indicate 'Events and Administration Officer’ in the subject line.
Only the British Council application forms are accepted and CV's won't be considered for shortlisting. Further clarification regarding experience and skills needed for the job can be obtained from our Human Resources Unit on (011)4521521/(011)7521521.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted and we thank all prospective applicants for their interest in this organisation.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and child protection. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community. We work to ensure that people are not unjustifiably discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion or belief, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant grounds.