Social Starters is offering a unique training and development programme to a selected group of social entrepreneurs in Sri Lanka starting in February 2016. This collaborative consultancy programme will be delivered by experienced international volunteer specialists.
Working with skilled professionals from around the world Social Starters brings to Sri Lanka a team of specialists from some of the top organisations in the world specialising in the fields of marketing, communications, packaging, e-commerce, finance, business modelling, strategy and more.
Social Starters matches them with early stage social enterprises or NGOs looking to build sustainable social business models.
- Are you delivering impact in your community through business?
- Do you have a project, product or service that needs specialist support to take it to the next level?
- Can you give 3 days a week of your time over 5 weeks from either 19 February 2016 or 22 April 2016?
- Do you have a new product to take to market, want to launch a marketing campaign, build your brand or learn new skills in finances or sales?
- Are you based in Colombo and can receive weekly training and consultancy from your volunteering specialist?
- Are you willing to implement any required changes to your business as a result of this programme?
We’re looking for 20 social start-ups who would like to receive internationally recognised training and support in the following areas:
- MARKETING and COMMUNCATIONS
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- BUSINESS MODELLING
- FINANCES and REVENUE
- SCALING UP
- BUSINESS STRATEGY
Deadline for applications - 12.00p.m. 22 January 2016
Assessment day (Colombo – location TBC) – Wednesday 27 and Thursday 28 January 2016
We loved the weeks we spent with our international volunteer. She was genuinely interested in everything we had to say and the ideals we believed in. She put her 100%+ into the project and really tailored her plan according to our requirements. Even though we had limited time, we were able to achieve some concrete goals.
Without Borders, NGO, Colombo, September 2015
We are extremely grateful to Social Starters for running such a useful programme for the benefit or organisations like ours!
Chitra Lane, Social Enterprise, Colombo, September 2015