The reading challenge is back! This year's theme is 'Ready, Set, Read’! The challenge inspires children to read for fun, pleasure, and personal achievement. It helps them explore new titles by different authors and talk about them with their friends. The element of challenge gives them an incentive to read, and a sense of achievement on finishing them. Whether the child is just beginning to pick up books, or is an avid reader already, the reading challenge will fire up their imagination.
How it works:
Every child who joins the challenge must read six books within a span of six weeks. The child will then participate in some activities and complete the challenge. If they complete the challenge successfully, they will receive a certificate at the end of it.
- The essence of the challenge is ‘read a book in a week’.
- The books are divided into two categories – Younger and Older from books that will be displayed in the library.
- The younger collection is suitable for children in the age group of 5 to 10 years and the older collection for 11 to 15 years.
- Children will be allowed to borrow only one book at a time. They can choose the books they want to read from a wide range of books on the theme.
- Children will also attend a workshop on ‘How to write a book review’ for their age groups, as part of the challenge.
- Challenge duration: 8 November – 20 December (reading period)
- Eligibility: For children aged 5 – 15 years
- Registrations are closed for this year’s session.
- You can join the repeat session of the same by next January, if you have missed the opportunity.
- Colombo - British Council Library, 49 Alfred House Gardens, Colombo 03.
- Kandy - British Council Library, 88/3 Kotugodella Veediya, Kandy
- Jaffna – British Council Library, 70, Rakka Road, Chundikuli, Jaffna.
For any queries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org