Cambridge International Examinations is holding intermediate professional development courses in collaboration with the British Council for teachers of the following Cambridge syllabuses:
|Course Module||Application Deadline||Registration Form|
|18 - 19 September 2014|
|O Level English Language||11 September 2014||http://bit.ly/1Ci3hxT|
|25 - 26 September 2014|
|Primary English||18 September 2014||http://bit.ly/1Ci3iSp|
|AS and A Level Mathematics||18 September 2014||http://bit.ly/1qTB1ZA|
|AS and A Level Economics||18 September 2014||http://bit.ly/W0qDH1|
|2 - 3 October 2014|
|O Level Principles of Accounts||25 September 2014||http://bit.ly/1nOss1j|
|Secondary 1 Mathematics||25 September 2014||http://bit.ly/1q1tNXe|
|9 - 10 October 2014|
|IGCSE Business Studies||2 October 2014||http://bit.ly/1lDJCU9|
|IGCSE First Language English||2 October 2014||http://bit.ly/1lDJDr5|
|IGCSE Mathematics||2 October 2014||http://bit.ly/Z49jCS|
Content will vary for each syllabus, but typically includes:
- review of teachers' assessment issues
- overview of different teaching methods and strategies
- teaching strategies applied to the syllabus
- discussions on formative and summative assessment
- revision strategies for candidates
- ICT and curriculum resources.
- creating schemes of work and lesson plans
- marking exercises
- for science syllabuses, a practical laboratory session may also be included.
Who are the courses for?
Intermediate courses are designed for teachers who have been teaching the Cambridge syllabus for at least one year. Intermediate courses are not suitable for teachers new to the Cambridge syllabus. It is also preferable, although not essential, that teachers have followed an introductory course before taking this course.
- Attendance is free for Sri Lankan Teachers.
- Refreshments and lunch will be provided on both days
- Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- Full venue and workshop details will be sent out to all registered delegates before the training event.