We have an exciting speaking competition for our students this term.
British Council students from all over Sri Lanka are invited to participate in this national competition.
We hope your child has enjoyed their clubs plus classes. It's now time for them to video themselves giving their presentation and submit their entry into the national competition (See 'How to submit your video' section below)
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED AND VIDEOS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
What does my child have to do?
How are you helping my child with this?
During the term, all students will have lessons dedicated to this competition where your child’s teacher will provide information on the topics of climate change or upcylcing and how to be a great presenter.
Furthermore, we will be holding special presentation skills lessons as part of our Clubs Plus program.These clubs are in addition to your child’s normal class and will provide more hints and tips on how to be a great storyteller/presenter. Have a look at our Term 3 Clubs Plus calendar for more information. Also keep a lookout for a seperate email and SMS to sign up for one of these clubs.
What are the competition level categories?
Students will be judged according to their life-stage at the British Council. There will be four levels
- Lower Primary
- Upper Primary
- Lower Secondary
- Middle Secondary
How to submit your video?
Step 1: Complete this form to give consent for your child to take part
Step 2: Record a video on your phone (MP4, MPEG, AVI, MOV or any other popular video format)
Step 3: Rename your video using the country code (SL) and the student registration number, i.e:SL444777
Step 4: Use DropBox to upload and share the video
1. Sign into dropbox.com
2. Click Upload files or Upload folder. If you choose files, select file click Open
3. Hover over the name of the file or folder you'd like to share and click Share
4. If a link hasn't been created, click Create a link. If a link was already created, click Copy link
5. The link will be copied to your clickboard
6. Paste the link that you receive in the space given in the Consent form above.
Terms and Conditions
- Each student can submit only one entry
- The video will only be considered once parental consent is given (see Step 1)
What happens after my child has submitted their entry?
We will shortlist the entries based on our marking scheme. Those who are shortlisted will be invited to attend a Clubs Plus rehearsal where they will get personalised feedback from our teachers. Shortlisted participants will then be invited to our live National Finals event in the beginning of December.
Why should my child participate?
- They will learn the skills needed to tell exciting stories or give great presentations
- They will be able to demonstrate the digital skills they have already learnt during lockdown. For example, video presenting, digital communication and creative thinking
- They can win prizes!