About the ELTReP Awards
Action research is a powerful tool for professional development. It helps educators build on their skills and knowledge, reflect on their training and teaching practices and ultimately improve learning outcomes for their trainees and students.
This year, the ELTReP Awards are for small-scale research projects done by teacher-educators in the context of Sri Lankan English-language and English-medium teacher-training. Their purpose is to:
- promote Continuing Professional Development (CPD) among teacher-educators in Sri Lanka’s English Language Teaching (ELT) and English Medium Instruction (EMI) communities by enhancing their pedagogical practices and research skills.
- encourage high quality research and action research from Sri Lankan teacher-educators which is relevant to the country’s ELT and EMI communities.
- improve access, research links and knowledge sharing between ELT and EMI teacher-educators and policy makers in Sri Lanka, the United Kingdom and other countries.
Dates to Remember
- Proposals must be received by the British Council by Monday 19t June 2017.
- Decisions on awards will be made by Friday 30 June 2017.
- The first grant payment will be awarded in July 2017, when the recipient attends a workshop on conducting research.
- A second workshop to discuss draft reports and present initial findings will be held in October 2017.
- The final written report of the research project must be delivered by Friday 15 December 2017.
- Final grant payments will be in January 2018 after receipt of the final paper.
How to apply?
All applications for an ELTReP Award must use the standard application form that can be downloaded from this web page. Complete the form as a single MS Word document and save it in .doc format. The form will ask for information about you and your institution, a project summary, a timetable for when it will be done, the methodology used, the likely impact and the budget costs. The completed form should be emailed to Sharon.Martinesz@britishcouncil.org by Monday 19th June, 2017. Postal applications can be sent to the address below and must arrive on or before 19 June 2015.
49 Alfred House Gardens
Colombo 00300, Sri Lanka