To celebrate UK-Sri Lanka cultural relations, the British Council Sri Lanka will be funding a small number of grants. We are looking for organisations that are seeking opportunities for collaboration. Similarly, the British Council also may come forward to offer certain social educational opportunities free of charge, open to the general public. Watch this space.
Educational and Funding Opportunities
Grant Opportunity - Strengthening Capacity for Youth and Civic Leadership Education in Universities (UNICYCLE)
Strengthening Capacity for Youth and Civic Leadership Education in Universities (UNICYCLE) is part of the Going Global Partnerships programme. Going Global Partnerships builds stronger, more inclusive, internationally connected higher education and TVET systems. Find out about our funding calls and other opportunities.
In this innovative project, grants are available for UK Higher Education Institutes to form partnerships with universities in Sri Lanka to strengthen youth and civic leadership education. UNICYCLE utilises and builds upon British Council’s award-winning training methodology ‘’Active Citizens’’, and have two complementary objectives:
- To develop new skills, knowledge, and motivation for students to work with their communities, building trust and undertaking social action or research.
- To develop global connections between institutional partners, students, and communities, fostering collaboration at an organisational level and contributing to building trust and understanding between different cultures.
|1||Date of advertisement for call for proposals||01 October 2021|
|2||Last date for receipt of queries related to submission of application and Active Citizens Q&A webinar||07 October 2021|
|3||Webinar for prospective UK applicants||11 October 2021; 12:30 UK Time|
|4||Last date for submission of proposal||29 October 2021; 16:00 UK Time|
|5||Date of result declaration on British Council’s website||23 November 2021|
|6||Contract signing and disbursement of first tranche||Early December 2021|
|7||Interim report by the grantee||10 March 2022|
|8||Disbursement of the second tranche||By End of March 2022|
|9||End of the project||30 June 2022|
|10||Final narrative and financial report by the grantee||By 31 July 2022|
How to apply
- Grant applicants must submit a completed application form provided on the website.
- The email submissions can be sent to Thushara Gunasekera, Manager Society at Thushara.Gunasekera@britishcouncil.org by 16:00 UK Time, 29 October 2021.
- Once the application is received a confirmation email will be sent.
If you wish to apply, please refer the below documents for further details.