We would like to give you the opportunity to take mock tests for speaking and writing. This service is only available for British Council candidates, to help you prepare for your test. Please note that you will have to be registered for the IELTS test in order to be eligible for this service.
The cost per mock test would be Rs. 3,000.
Here are some more details about each of the two types of mock tests.
IELTS Writing mock test
- Complete the payment and collect the question paper from the British Council Customer Services.
- Study the sample questions and write your answers on an email, keeping within the word limits of 150 words for Task 1 and 250 words for Task 2 (plus or minus 10 words).
- Send your answers to this email address: IELTSmarkingSL@britishcouncil.org.
- You will receive a response from the IELTS marking team within 7 days.
You will not receive a Band score as this is not allowed under IELTS regulations. However, the examining team will comment on your performance and let you know which areas need improvement.
Please note that no further correspondence with the marking team will be possible.
IELTS Speaking mock test
One of our British Council IELTS experts will carry out the 15-minute test with you and in 10 minutes will give you feedback on your performance and tell you what you need to improve.
- Complete the payment at the British Council Customer Services.
- You can select a date and a time for your mock speaking test depending on our vacancies and availability.
- We will contact you within 5 days to confirm the day and time of the test.
- The mock test will take place at the British Council speaking test venue (No 58, Sambhuddhathwa Jayanthi Mawatha, Colombo 05) before your test date.
Please note that the mock test examiner will not be able to give you an IELTS grading as this is not permitted; you will be given feedback on areas in which you need to improve such as grammar, tenses, vocabulary and pronunciation.