About this course
These 25-hour courses help you to improve your listening, speaking and pronunciation skills, as well as teaching you useful everyday expressions. You will increase your fluency and confidence when speaking English in day-to-day situations.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE THIS BRITISH COUNCIL COURSE?
Take a Spoken English course with us and you will:
- get a qualified and experienced teacher
- work in pairs and groups to develop real-life communication skills
- practise your listening, speaking and pronunciation using a range of stimulating materials and classroom activities
- become a more independent language learner
- enjoy learning English
- We will give you free reference membership of our library. Find out more about the benefits of our library services.
THE RIGHT LEVEL FOR YOU
The Spoken English courses are for students at pre-intermediate and intermediate levels. If you are new to the British Council, you will need to take a level check to find out which level is right for you.
Book a level check by calling or visiting one of our English language centres.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
- We measure your progress using continuous assessment and speaking tasks.
- We do this to help you understand what your strengths are and where there is room for improvement.