IELTS Coach is a flexible IELTS preparation course which allows you to be in control of your learning. It’s designed for students who may not have much time but still require effective preparation. IELTS Coach offers you the flexibility of choosing not only the parts of the exam you wish to focus upon but also the lesson day, time and teacher that best suit your needs.
You can book and manage your lessons easily via the myClass Online booking system.
Choose two or more of the skills-based lessons depending on your exam preparation needs:
IELTS Coach Listening
You will be equipped with listening strategies such as predicting information, identifying synonyms and antonyms and dealing with distracting information, in order to correctly answer all IELTS Listening question types.
Listening – lessons include
- Full practise with question types for Sections 1 to 4
- Form completion, sentence completion, summary completion, flowchart completion,
- Short answer, and multiple-choice questions
- The language covered includes compound nouns, words with similar sounds, vocabulary for education, and linking expressions
- Topics include cultural events, education, consumerism and study trips
IELTS Coach Reading
You will learn how to apply reading skills such as skimming and scanning, and techniques such as identifying synonyms and antonyms to tackle all IELTS Reading question types.
Reading – lessons include
- A range of texts and question types such as flowchart completion, multiple-choice, true/false/not given, heading matching, sentence completion, summary completion, and categorisation
- Language areas include language for science, numerical terminology, words with similar meaning, and compound words
- Topics include scientific discovery, population change, public art, and economic resources
IELTS Coach Writing
You will encounter a comprehensive set of activities to maximise your score on IELTS Writing Task 1 and 2. You will learn how to identify key features and fully respond to the task prompt in order to meet expectations for Task Achievement, as well as improve your grammar and vocabulary, coherence and cohesion and get the most UpToDate exam tips on maximising your writing abilities.
Writing – lessons include
- Full practice for Tasks 1 and 2
- Sub-skills include writing introductions and overviews, categorising data, following instructions, brainstorming and planning, and structuring paragraphs
- Topics include public infrastructure, industry, advertising, international relations, and the world of work
IELTS Coach Speaking
You will take part in speaking tasks and activities designed to maximise your score across all four assessment criteria: Fluency and Coherence, Lexical Resource, Grammatical Range and Accuracy, and Pronunciation.
Speaking – lessons include
- Full practice for parts 1 to 3
- Giving extended and more detailed answers
- Identifying question types and increasing grammatical knowledge
- Improving pronunciation and avoiding breakdowns in speech
- Topics include study and work, the media, education, social media, and the environment